Wow. September, how did that happen? More importantly, when was the last time I found chance to sit down and pen something for the blog? With the busiest season of the year still to come, I’ve already performed at over 60 events. This might be a record-breaker if I can hit that 100 mark before the end of 2018 (scenes of trying to fit 8 NYE gigs in at once…)
But really, what a year. On the rare occasion that I get to sit back and think about it, I have to pinch myself. Music and performance is my dream, and I’m lucky enough to be able to make a living from it. Better yet, I’m able to make people happy by doing what makes me happy! But don’t take my word for it:
- Thank you so much for everything you did, it was perfect. We will definitely be booking you again! Jade & George – Private Wedding, Aynhoe Park
- You were so organised leading up to the event and then on the night you exceeded all my expectation, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Saskia Boxford, Soho House – Birthday Party
- Thank you very much for playing, a lot of compliments in the audience – you were absolutely fantastic! Will certainly keep you in mind for the future. The directors were also VERY impressed by your performance. Charlotte Scattergood – Keepmoat Homes, Corporate Event
- I can’t put into words how amazing Brendan was at our work summer party last week! I have been organising corporate parties for the last six years and never before has anyone ever commented on the DJ or music until now! Absolutely everyone loved Brendan’s choices of songs and of course his incredible sax playing made it even more special. If you’re looking for someone to get the party started, then look no further – you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much Brendan! Caroline Goode – Quilter Cheviot, Summer Corporate Party
- Thank you so much for performing – all of the guests commented on the music and the guys playing. Most people also said that they have never seen so many people dance at a wedding before! Becky & Olly – Private Wedding
- You were the full package and I’ve enjoyed so many evenings listening to what you do on the lead up to it all, with a proper performance at the end. Thank you so so so much for your performance on the night, honestly you really helped us make it what it was and I hope you got a quick moment to relax and enjoy yourself aswell. Again… the little bits you did over and above weren’t lost and appreciated every moment of it. Tom and Ellie – Private Wedding
- Just WOW! You promised that you’d bring the party and you did x1000. The energy and sheer fun that you brought to our wedding was beyond our wildest dreams and we couldn’t be happier. We are still on cloud 9! All of our guests cannot stop raving about the music and absolutely loved that you came out and performed between the tables. Ruthie & Daniel – Destination Wedding, Marbella
Ruthie and Dan’s wedding in Marbella was a definite highlight. The sun was shining, the pool was warm, great vibes all around that come with good music in a stunning location. This one was so special that I brought Lorna along with me to support:
Variety is the spice of life and whilst weddings are my most frequent bookings, as you can see I manage to get around to corporate events, parties and other types of performances. One of the most memorable from this year was a fine jewellery event for VIPs, for no less than Chanel, at the French Embassy in London. Thanks to photographer Andrew Meredith for capturing this fancy shot!
What else is new? Well I haven’t managed to stay out of the studio much, that’s where most of my free time goes! I recorded and published two new videos over the summer, which couldn’t be more different. Head on over to take a look at my Sax-DJ UK Garage Mix and my tribute to the late Leonard Cohen with a rendition of Hallelujah. Worlds apart, but there’s a key for every hole! That garage mix sounds particularly saucy on my new QSC Mk II speakers, despite the hiding I got for spending more money on kit…!
I’m going on a bit now, so let’s round this off in style.
I’m performing alongside Lifford Shillingford (of Artful Dodger fame) at a charity ball on 6th October, which is shaping up to be a real show stopper. As a recent father, this fundraiser is for a cause extremely close to my heart.
And finally…mum I’ve made it, I’m the featured saxophonist in Brides Magazine‘s latest article about wedding bands.
That’s it for now. Don’t forget that I’m always at the end of a phone if you want to talk about any upcoming performances, bookings, enquiries or planning. You can reach me through any channel listed here.